Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Visit to Japan

Well I'm off to another adventure, this time JAPAN. No, don't you worry I haven't abandoned the lovely Korean nation, it's just that I need to go do a quick visa run to go get my one-year teaching visa. At the moment I'm here in Korea on a one month tourist visa. So I'm in Busan (second largest city in Korea) now, waiting for my Japanese visa to be stamped into my passport. It's such a blessing from God, usually it takes the Japanese two days to grand someone a visa, but because I'm so pushed for time, I handed my visa in at about 10:00am this morning and they said I should come back at 13:30 to come get it again. Amazing isn't it, if only the Angolan embassy could also be so effecient and quick......

Tomorrow morning I'll take a ferry boat to Fukuoka, apparently it takes only 3 hours and then I'll be in a whole different world and probably feel like a cameleon sitting on a rainbow :) At least I've taught myself to read Korean so I can easily help myself especially at a bus stop or train station, but unfortunately I can't read even my own name in Japanese.... but then it'll be an adventure like non other, I'll go on my own amazing race.

Life here in Korea is getting more and more familiar. I'm getting into the teaching mode again and I really like it. It's strange how, when I sometimes feel a little tired before a class starts and at the end I feel full of energy again. I teach 2 - 3 hours a day at the Language Institute, just normal English classes to elementary and junior high students. The rest of my day I teach one conversation class to university students and then I have two study groups with the potential leaders of the different universities. We study "The purpose driven life" together and it's such a nice time to just guide them and help them grow in their faith. The last group I had, we spent much time talking about hearing the voice of God eventhough it wasn't part of the book's discussion.

Sundays, I either teach at the children's church or at the youth church. This coming sunday I'll be with the youth, it's also amazing to see how they've grown, not only in numbers but also in the depth of their relationship with Jesus over the past two years.

No comments: